Making an Interlibrary Loan Request
- Interlibrary loan services are available to faculty, students, and staff of SUNY Morrisville.
- The ILLiad interlibrary loan system allows users to request various library materials, check the status of these requests, and renew materials that have been borrowed.
- New users must register to use ILLiad. Once registered, users may log in to ILLiad to request books, articles, and various other materials.
- Articles in digital format are delivered via e-mail and usually arrive within two to three hours. Physical materials, such as books and DVDs may take three to ten days to arrive.
- SUNY Morrisville Library does not have control over delivery time of requests.
Receiving Loaned Materials
- Once requested materials arrive, an e-mail notifaction is sent to the requester. Users may also log in to ILLiad to check the status of requests.
- If electronic delivery was selected, articles will be made available as downloadable PDF documents. Please note that Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view electronic documents.
- Electronic versions of articles are available for download from ILLiad for a limited time. Users should check their ILLiad account or e-mail soon after placing a request.
- Articles not available in electronic format are sent as hard copies and may be picked up at the Circulation Desk at the requester's home library (either the Morrisville Campus Library or the Norwich Campus Library).
- Articles obtained from interlibrary loan (electronic or paper) may be kept by the user.
- Books and other materials have a due date set by the library loaning the materials. This due date will be on a slip attached to the requested materials.
Renewing Loaned Materials
- Borrowed materials may be renewed at the discretion of the loaning library.
- ILLiad may be used to request a renewal, provided the request is made before the original due date.